main functions of AFCAO in discharge its designated role are:
1. To maintain IRLSs (i.e. pay accounting records) of all categories of personnel (except Non-industrial Unit Cadre Civilians), Flight Cadets and AFHQ Cadre Civilians.
2. To issue monthly salary statement (Pay Slip) to all personnel for whom IRLAs are maintained.
3. To maintain Provident Fund accounts and issue of Annual Fund statements in respect of all personnel including non-industrial unit cadre civilians, in addition to maintenance of 'Nominations' for finalisation of PF dues.
4. To recover Income Tax (Tax Deduction at Source), Rent Bills, Hospital Stoppages and monthly subscription and refund of loans (as applicable) pertaining to AFGIS, IAFBA, FAS, LIC, PLI etc as well as remittance of such collections to respective agencies.
5. disbursement of Pay and Allowances to the personnel of CAMERO units comprising AFCAO, AFRO, AFCME and CSDO as well as certain attached personnel posted to the Dte of AV, Dte of IT and AFCNWP.
6. To remit 'Family Allotments' authorized by entitled IAF personnel.
7. To remit 'Attachments' as authorized by the CAS/Courts.
8. To finalise all non-effective Provident Fund accounts.
9. To grant "Pending Enquiry Awards" to NoK of Non-effective airmen.
10. To administer the estate of Officers and Warrant ranks, who die while in service, through the "Air Force Standing Committee of Adjustment".
11. To compile the summary of accounts for incorporation in the government accounts by audit authorities.