1. Air Marshal Amit Tiwari PVSM AVSM VM assumed command of the Central Air Command on 01 Feb 21.
2. Air Marshal Amit Tiwari graduated from the National Defence Academy in May 1981, and was commissioned in the Flying branch of Indian Air Force on 04 Jun 1982. A highly experienced fighter pilot, the Air Marshal has flown over 3500 hours on various types of aircraft including the MiG-27, Kiran, and Ajeet. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI).
3. The Air Marshal is a graduate of the Defence Services Staff College (Wellington), College of Defence Management (Secunderabad) and National Defence College (New Delhi). In his career in the IAF, he has held many command and staff appointments which include Team Leader of the prestigious Suryakiran Squadron, Station Commander of a frontline IAF base, the Indian Air Attache at Afghanistan, Air Defence Commander and Senior Officer-in-Charge Administration at an operational command. He has also held the prestigious appointments of Assistant Chief of Air Staff (Training) at Air HQ, Commandant Air Force Academy and Air Officer-in-Charge Personnel (AOP) at Air HQ. Prior to his present appointment as the AOC-in-C, he was the Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Southern Air Command.
4. For his distinguished service and professionalism of very high order, the Air Officer was awarded Param Vishisht Seva Medal (PVSM) on 26 Jan 2021, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal (AVSM) in 2019, and Vayu Sena Medal (VM) in 2003 and commendation by the Chief of the Air Staff in 1998.
5. He is married to Mrs Poonam Tiwari and they have a son and a daughter.